I’m asked literally every day “how long it will take to see results”.
The truth is… it depends. It depends on where you are starting with your own fitness level… it depends on how intensely and INTELLIGENTLY you are training (length of time is less important than how hard you’re pushing yourself), it depends on how well you are eating, it depends on how much water you’re drinking, the supplements you’re taking, the amount of sleep you’re getting and how much stress you are allowing to effect you.
Want to see results in a short amount of time without going to harmful extremes? Here are my tips:
- Lift heavy weights.. or even moderate ones. If you want your muscle-building or “toning” results to take YEARS instead of months, by all means stick to the little 3 pound beauty bells. If you want results within MONTHS or in some cases even WEEKS, lift heavy. Challenge yourself. Start with a weight you can lift for 8-12 reps with proper form. If you can do more than 12 reps, the weight is too light.
- Eat CLEAN.. stop kidding yourself. I say that bluntly because many women (I myself am guilty) try to convince ourselves that things we do are ok or healthy. Those 100 calorie snack packs? They’re not good for you and they’re not doing your waistline any favors! Throwout the packaged, processed, junk food and stick to clean, natural, wholesome foods. You’ll feel energized, healthy, and your body, skin and attitude will GLOW.
- Drink about a gallon of water a day.
- Try to get your 8 hours of sleep.
- Keep stress levels low by finding ways to relax.. meditation, yoga, bubble baths… when you are stressed, raised cortisol levels contribute to abdominal fat storage and can make your health and fitness goals slow considerably.
- Stay positive, there will be bumps in the road. You will make mistakes. But every time you “give up” you have to start over and it just sets you back more time. If you mess up on a meal, fix it the very next meal!
This is awesome.
Some before and afters (for the 5 month mark). The first photos are ones I found when going through my old photobooth which is littered with a collection of really tragic selfies. The second ones are from today (11 June 2012), 20kg lighter and much much happier.
Yum + Yum + Yum = A little bit of food heaven.
This is so true, when I don’t workout. I stop seeing my friends, I can’t be asked to do anything, even tidying the house and making food become a chore.
But if I’m working out, I have more energy, and I do a lot more!! I fill my weeks up, eat and feel better. Yeah my butt hurts today, lol but its good and I know if I do more the ache will go.